Monday, June 1, 2009

They're all starting to look the same....

We're car shopping for me. It's not as much fun as I thought it would be; it's proving to be quite a challenge to find something we both like, is a good brand and good deal.

So we're looking for a small SUV.... and if it were that simple, we'd have already bought one! I've got my mother's curse when shopping for a vehicle - I have in my head exactly what I want, but no one makes it. Well, they do, but we're not in a position to purchase a Lexus. lol =)

Here's we're looking for:
  • -Small SUV
  • -High MPG
  • -Low price
  • -2007, 2008, or 2009
  • -Sunroof
  • -Tire on the back if possible
  • -Automatic
Poor Josh. I really do feel bad for him during all this... He's had some great suggestions, but for some reason I haven't fallen in love with any of them. The ones I do like we can't find at the right price. So frustrating!

And before anyone asks: NO, I do not like crossovers. lol

Also, the consensus from everyone we talk to is I'm not allowed to have a Jeep. Something about them filing for bankruptcy and this apparently being an important fact... =)

So I've placed a poll on the right side of the blog to see what you guys think we should get. I have it narrowed down to:

Nissan Xterra
Toyota RAV4
Ford Escape Limited.
What do you all think??

What did surprise me though is that car salesmen are much nicer now than they used to be. I think it's because they're desperate to sell vehicles right now and using high pressue, "used-car salesmen" tactics really do push people away. Or, it could be because Josh and I go together and he's WAY better at this stuff than I am.

Either way, hopefully we'll have a new car for me this month. I'm going to be so sad to see the Mustang go, but I'm so looking forward to my new car, wherever it is!

Josh, Kim & Abby

4 comments:

  1. I've heard great things about Toyota. I'd vote for the RAV-4. Will has a Corolla Sport edition (2003) and he loves it. I know it's not an SUV, but it's a great car :)

    If I wasn't still in lurrrve with my Saturn (especially since it's paid off!) I'd beg ya for the 'Stang :)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2009 Ford F-150 i am pulling for u JOSH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DUDE?!?! =(

    Val - I think that's what I'm leaning towards! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Everyday Man" is on the right track the 05-09 F-150 is SO nice we loved ours!!! It was the perfect family car!!! But since that was not a choice go for the Toyota they run forever!!!

    ReplyDelete