Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Story of our Roaming Gnomes

On our honeymoon in St. Lucia, we met a couple from Texas who were also on their honeymoon. Marcus and April actually had their marriage ceremony on the beach while we were down there, and we passed their wedding, consisting of the two of them plus two guests.
We spent a lot of time with them, and even ended up on the same plane ride back to Miami together. They also went on the first diving trip with us to go snorkeling where I dove for the very first time. Marcus was a huge college football fan (Texas Longhorns), so he and Josh had lots to talk about. Of course, I talked to April about our recent weddings, and newlywed plans.

During one of our conversations, Marcus and April told us about their Roaming Gnomes they each had that are actually college-themed. Marcus, of course, had a Texas Longhorns gnome. April had a gnome from another college that was a cheerleader. They told us that they always take their gnomes with them on trips and take pictures with them, and that people always stop them to ask about them. They had also given them "old people" names, although we can't remember them now. And yes, they had their gnomes with them in St. Lucia, and posed with them on the beach on their wedding day.

Josh and I thought they were the coolest idea and started looking for Gator gnomes as soon as we got back.

So here they are, Josh and I's very own Roaming Gnomes - yet to be named.
I got the cheerleader for my birthday from my parents, and Josh's was a gift from me. He's going to take his to Clearwater next week...

So silly, but fun.

Josh, Kim & Abby

5 comments:

  1. I love that idea!! Ill have to start looking for our own gnomes.. Hummm what type to pick.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG..where did you find those? They're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found them on two separate sites online. There were lots of sites sold out of them because Florida had just won the BCS title, but I eventually found some. Also, there are a couple cheaper versions that look more like cartoons than actual gnomes, so do your research!

    Angela - Now that I'm thinking about it, I bet someone makes Army/Nurse versions of these gnomes somewhere, not just college-related. That would be super cute for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the cutest idea!! How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, I of course started a search for a nurse and or a army/pilot gnome no luck so far, if you run across any PLEASE let me know!!!!!

    ReplyDelete