Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Dad's Day

I did not take a single picture on Father's day. We were a little pre-occupied with another issue and I didn't even think about taking my camera with us to my parents' house or to lunch with Josh's family.

So, in the spirit of Dad's Day, here is a picture from our wedding of my dad and me during our Father/Daughter Dance.
And this is us during "Shout" where we had a little fun...
Our Father/Daughter Dance song was "Come On In Boy" by Rodney Atkins. It's a country song, but I was allowed to play it at the wedding since it was for me and my dad and had nothing to do with Josh. =)

Part of the lyrics are:

Well now that I’m a father,
I’m scared to death one day my daughter

Is gonna find

That teenage boy I used to be

That seems to have just one thing on his mind.
She’s growin' up so fast
It won't be long before

I’ll have to put the fear of God
Into some kid at the door.

Come on in boy, sit on down

And tell me 'bout yourself.

So you like my daughter do ya now?

Yeah we think she's something else.
She's her daddy's girl, her momma's world
.
She deserves respect - That’s what she'll get
now ain't it son?

Y’all go out and have some fun.

I'll see you when you get back,
Probably be up all night,
Still cleanin' this gun.

Now it's all for show

Ain’t nobody gonna get hurt.

It’s just a daddy thing,

And hey, believe me man, it works.


When I was around 15, Dad brought out an "Application to Date my Daughter." Josh and I are pretty sure he presented to Josh, but we can't remember for sure. Josh certainly always knew about it though. He also was always very well aware that my dad had guns. Lots of them. It's always been the long-running joke... well, half of a joke. lol

Hence, the above song was perfect for us. I first heard it in the car driving somewhere, and I instantly called my mom and told her I found the song for Dad and me's dance. I don't even think Josh had proposed yet!

During our First Dance, Josh and I decided to have a video running of us growing up (mostly so our guests would be watching the video and NOT us...) so I gathered lots and lots of pictures from his mom. Here are three of my favorites of Josh and his dad as he grew up.

And... before we go... a quick Happy Father's Day to Josh! You're already a great daddy to Abby...
You're going to make the best father in the world one day!! =D

Hope everyone had a FANTASTIC Father's Day!!

Josh, Kim & Abby

1 comment:

  1. I love that song! It's so funny! My dad always joked about an application like the one you mentioned...but I don't think he actually had one.

    He was in St. Augustine with his gf's family on Father's Day. I feel weird about it, but I haven't said anything. Not sure why.

    Those pics are cute!

    ReplyDelete