Monday, June 22, 2009

Hurricane Kim

Josh calls me his "little hurricane." The explanation to this is embarrassing, but is pertinent to this entry, so I will lose my pride for a moment.

I am a typical woman. I am emotional and over-react about things. I think things have a deeper meaning than they really do sometimes. I interpret things wrong and am easily offended.

I do my part in working on this, but over the years Josh has learned how I tick and understands the way things affect me. His easiest explanation for it, and the quickest way to calm me down, is to give my state of excitedness or upset-ness a "Category." And thus, Hurricane Kim was born.

In Categories 1-3, he says he can see "the storm start to form, gain momentum and intensify"
In Category 4, "he begins to see precipitation" (tears)
Category 5... well, these are very rare, and no one wants to see them. Ever.

I lost my phone yesterday. Again. And for those who don't know, this wasn't my first time losing a phone. Or my second. Or my third. I either break or lose single every phone I get. I don't think I've ever made it all the way through the "New Every 2" program to be eligible for an upgraded phone.

We are, however, well versed in cell phone insurance plans. Ask us anything.

We know where the lost phone is now, because Josh was able to use the "Family Locator" function on Sprint.com, and we found it in a house in the next town over. Seriously. We have the address. Evidently I dropped it getting out of the car yesterday and the person who found it decided it was best to TAKE IT HOME instead of turning it in to lost and found. By the time we went back for it, it was long gone.

When we realized that I had indeed lost another phone, I was incredibly upset. Upset with myself, first of all, because I had done it again and was trying so hard not to lose ANOTHER phone. But I was also upset with the person who took it. That person is so different from me, and I don't understand them. Are there any "good" people anymore?

The only time I smiled about losing my phone yesterday was at my parents' house when Josh said I had "definitely been a Category 3" while we were scrambling to find it and subsequently realized it was stolen. As he said it, he scooped me up in a bear hug, so I know he says it with love.

And he's right. I was really upset. But he did make me smile.

He also said he was surprised he didn't see Category 4 emerge... but I informed him that's only because he was on the phone talking to the insurance people and missed it. I got another hug for that one.

Oh well. Worse things could happen. But, geez... I really hope I can hold on to this new one I get tomorrow.

Josh, Kim & Abby

1 comment:

  1. That stinks about not getting it back! I can't believe someone would just TAKE it! *vibes for new phone stick-to-it-ness*

    ReplyDelete