Friday, June 12, 2009

I know we're not the only Old Navy fans...

Backstory:
Josh hates to shop. I mean, hates it. So much so that we get to a point where I'm washing and ironing one pair of jeans and maybe 3 shirts, because he's worn the rest out, and won't go shopping. Point in case - he ventured out to buy a pair of jeans, board shorts and several shirts... 3 hours before our wedding... for our honeymoon...

I love my husband.

So I shop for Josh, mostly. And I end up at Old Navy, mostly. He likes it, it's affordable so he can eventually ruin whatever I find for him, and I know what sizes fit him.

This brings me to the point of this entry.

I heard from Karen at work who heard from Stephanie at work... that Old Navy "buries" coupons on their site for you to hunt and find, and use in-store. I was intrigued due to the fact that we obviously love Old Navy. And coupons.

Turns out, my darling ladies were absolutely correct, but the way Old Navy does it is incredibly interesting and ingenious, really.

This is the site: http://www.oldnavyweekly.com. It's right on the front page of OldNavy.com, so it's legit. I checked that first.

The coupons range anywhere from $5 off $100, to $75 off $100.... umm..... yes!!! To "find" the coupons, you have to perform unique tasks or click on the right link, and each thing you do results in a different coupon. For instance, this week I got a coupon for $20 off $100 by clicking on the surfer as he comes over on a wave. To get the big coupon, you actually had to click on the golf ball, then the golf club to get the ball in the hole (and evidently, if you stop here, you get the coupon for $50 off $100), and then click on the ball as it comes back up out of the hole on a gopher's head. Ya.

The coupons change on Thursdays and every week we're required to do different things for the coupons. To find out the links and/or tasks required, I just Googled "Old Navy Weekly Coupons" and found a forum in the first couple of results that explains how to get each one for that week.

Of course, Old Navy limits the number of each type of coupon that are available, and the big ones go fast. Oh! You can also "gift" a coupon to a friend via Facebook. I thought that was sweet.

Now, go forth and shop!
I'll probably see you there. Josh is down to one pair of jeans.
Again.

Josh, Kim & Abby

2 comments:

  1. Oooooh, that's neat! Will usually likes American Eagle stuff, but I love Old Navy polos.

    You post. The greatest. Stuff. Ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I feel a lot of pressure now. I must get the big coupon!!!

    ReplyDelete