Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Birthday Week

So I'm 25.
I'm not sure when this happened or where the time has gone, but here it is.
I'm a quarter century old.
Weird.
This week has been a little crazy, being that our Quality Assurance inspector showed up on my birthday and inspected us the next day. That basically means two 14 hour days in a row, so my birthday shenanigans got put on hold. Which is fine, I wasn't too excited about this one anyway. Call it a mid-twenties crisis. lol

My girls had a small birthday party for me last Friday night - Hawaiian themed complete with leis and decorations. So fun.

Josh took me to Pannullo's in Winter Park on Sunday - we love Italian food. Have to say though, we both agree that their pizza is much better than their actual food..... we had to doctor up our entrees with lemon and salt/pepper... but we had a good time anyway!
Tonight, my parents took me to Bonefish Grill. Josh isn't big on seafood, especially at restaurants, so this was a great place for us to go since he was working. Highly recommended! I've always loved their food and service....

And now, present time.
I guess I'm an actual adult now, because I asked Josh for a GARDEN. And he got it for me. And I am SO excited about it.....
I'm going to be planting tomatoes to grow out the bottom and hang, and transferring all my herbs from my current planter to the top of this one, along with new green pepper and red pepper plants. Josh and I will have salsa all the time!
It's not put together yet, but Josh is going to do it before he leaves to work in Clearwater Friday, then I'll get to plant everything this weekend.And, if you know me, you know that I've fallen in love with Pandora bracelets. I'm obsessed with them. They're basically the modern charm bracelet. My grandparents got me the bracelet for Christmas and I've been adding to it, but now I've got lots to show off!
Added to my collection are:
  • the pineapple, which is the universal sign for hospitality - Robyn got that for me because we worked at hotels together for years.
  • the orange flower - two of my co-workers got me this one. The blue one will be added eventually to the other side of the football... in addition to a graduation hat. =)
  • and the "T" and horseshoe - from my parents. T for Touchton, horseshoe for country music/country in general.
By the way, Josh totally makes fun of me for this.....

Josh, Kim & Abby

2 comments:

  1. Awww, that's adorable! Will makes fun of my tote from Vera Bradley...but it's all good :)

    Is there a little suitcase charm on there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, don't even get Josh started on my Vera. He asks me all the time why I carry "quilts" around, and why I have to have so many different patterns of "quilts"..... ugh. lol

    Yes, it's a suitcase! It has a palm tree and a country sticker on it. I got it after we got home from our honeymoon. =D

    ReplyDelete