Wednesday, June 24, 2009

May we introduce you to...

my new RAV4!!!!!! =D

And you know there's always a story right? Scroll down to read about the hilarious-ness.Gorgeous, isn't it?? Small SUV, tire on the back, low miles, high mpg... the only thing it doesn't have that was on the list was a sunroof... but I had decided against that anyway. We did pretty darn good!! The RAV4 didn't win the poll (the Xterra did), but it turned out to be my number one choice. So excited.

So if you remember, Josh is working out of Clearwater this summer full time. Robyn and I's cruise is this weekend, so once I found this vehicle and agreed on numbers with the dealership, we really only had today or tomorrow for him to drive home in the evening and sign the paperwork with me. Otherwise we'd switch and he'd be here but I wouldn't.

Nope. Josh's Commander decides it would be best if the crew FLEW down to Orlando today so Josh could sign the paperwork with me. Yep. Josh and crew helicoptered into Orlando Executive so I could get a new car. I don't think the guys at the dealership believed me until the 5 soldiers in uniform walked into the building. The looks on peoples' faces was so entertaining.

And, the guy that did our paperwork said that we weren't the fastest deal he'd done, but we were pretty close to it. At one point he explained that we were signing an agreement saying we weren't buying any accessories he's supposed to try and sell us, but he didn't have time to try and sell them to us. lol

Anyway, the whole thing took about 20 minutes and the guys were out of there with Firehouse sub sandwiches in hand, on their way back to the aircraft and Clearwater.

Only us, right?

And now for more pictures, because it's what I do.

Last picture of my Mustang as the sales guy was transferring my Gator license plate to the new car. It was so good to me for 8 years. And yes, it was hard to drive away from it on the lot. I'm so overly-sentimental....
My car in the Delivery Area all ready to go and waiting on me...
Back at the hotel. yay.
The pink Browning sticker. I got this for Christmas after Josh got his rifle...
My spare tire will have a "Life is Good" cover on it as soon as it comes in (yes, I already ordered it). It's looks like this:
So then, my camera was dead so I couldn't upload any of the new car pictures to the blog... so Abby and I went for a ride to get batteries. I think she likes the new car.
I know to most people getting a new car isn't such a huge deal, but this was a big one for me. My first car was a gift from my parents for getting a full-ride to the University of Florida, so this is the first car I've ever purchased myself. Josh bought his Mountaineer and Lightening while on active duty, so he's already been through all this. For me, it was a big learning experience, and a big step that was a long time coming.

R.I.P. Mustang... I sure did love you. Mom and Dad, thank you again for my gift 8 years ago.

Josh, Kim & Abby

1 comment:

  1. Awwww! Abby looks so cute in the car! And the car is even more so....although it has a Gator vanity plate! Haha :)

    ReplyDelete