Sunday, July 12, 2009

Absence makes the heart grow fonder?

Josh has been in Virginia since Friday. Before that, he had been in Clearwater since Monday night. Now, he's back in Clearwater and he won't be home until Thursday night.

I miss him.

Josh had to fly up to Newport News, VA for an Army conference this weekend that he would have rather skipped. In fact, he was quite upset about having to go. I mean, they weren't staying in a Gaylord like his Nashville trip, so really what's the point? ;)

The silver lining of his trip though, was the impromptu 57th Med Unit Reunion. This is the unit he was with on his last tour of Iraq, ending in '06. A couple of his very good friends from the unit drove down to Virginia while he was there to see him, and several others are stationed there already, so they all got together Saturday night. Josh said it was "really cool" to have a bunch of them together in the same place again, and I was really thrilled they got this opportunity. All but one from this group also couldn't make it down to the wedding, so there was lots to catch up on.

My only big news is that Mom picked up my wedding dress! I had it preserved, and we were expecting it to just be in a box with paper, but this is how it came:
in a cute little window box on a cardboard figure so it is filled out. It's beautiful!! My veil is in there with it, and I'll be putting in my Mamaw's brooch I wore and also my wedding jewelry I made. It's at my parents' house at the moment, until I clean out a nice little spot in our closet for it.

Sidenote:
I don't know if everyone knows this, but I only ever tried on one wedding dress. This one. I knew what I wanted in a dress and I searched online for MONTHS. I found this one on a wedding dress designer's site (Maggie Sottero), called around town to find the sample, then went and tried it on with my mom. It was perfect. And such a relief, because this was the one thing both my mom and I were dreading... I always had a horrible time finding dresses for formal events growing up for some reason, and I hating trying a bunch on. God took pity on my mother and me lol.

Have a great week!

Josh, Kim & Abby

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, that's a Maggie? I never realized it! Yay for awesome preservation skillz :)

    Sorry to hear that Josh is still away...hope you'll have him all to yourself (for good!) soon. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete