Monday, July 13, 2009

Miracle Grow Endorsement

I previously mentioned that my mom gave us Miracle Grow for our garden on the patio. I will admit, I haven't used it once. I'm supposed to put it on the garden once a week and it was supposed to help me keep the plants alive.

I haven't used it once, because my dear husband has used it almost every time he waters the garden for me. Which is so much more than once a week...

I don't know whether he doubted the power of Miracle Grow or just wanted to see what would really happen... but either way, this is now our massive garden:That's our basil. It's like 2 feet tall.

And this is the zucchini plant. It's like the bully of the garden, trying to take over everything and suffocate the mint. I usually have it propped up with the "Welcome" stone so it stays on its side of the planter, but I moved the stone out of the way so you can see how big the plant is.And now for the tomatoes. They are growing out from the bottom like they're supposed to, but now they're growing UP towards the sun! This plant is now as tall as the zucchini on the top side, and it's growing through the patio's fence!!
This all happened in literally 4 or 5 days. Amazing.

Moral of the story - Josh isn't allowed to touch the Miracle Grow anymore. I hid it. Otherwise we'd eventually have tomatoes the size of pumpkins, and a forest on our patio.

We don't have any actual little zucchinis or tomatoes yet, but it hasn't quite been long enough from what the packages said. A few more weeks, hopefully!

Josh, Kim & Abby

1 comment: