Thursday, July 16, 2009

Josh's Future-Marriage Predictions

My sister-in-law's birthday is on Monday, but we're celebrating tomorrow night since Josh is coming home (finally!) for the weekend and leaving again on Monday.

Whenever her birthday rolls around, I smile to myself about my husband. I'm pretty sure she giggles about her brother, too.

When Josh was a teenager, he had several predictions about his future marriage plans. At one point he claimed he would never get married. Although his family knew he was all talk at the time, he still swore this to be his life decision.

Once that one dissipated, Josh promised he would never marry a woman the same age as his little sister. Something about girls her age being very immature, and he wanted an older woman to combat this problem.

Lastly, he also predicted that he would marry someone taller than himself, so that "his children at least stood the chance of being tall." His theory is that if he were to marry a shorter woman, his children would be at least as short as himself or shorter, and he did not want that.

Results?
Josh married me.
I'm taller than him. (My limit for heels is one inch, which is equal to the first joint of my index finger. Can't carry a ruler around to every shoe store!)

and... drum roll...

I'm one month apart in age from his sister. Which Kristen and I both remind him of each year.

Happy (early) Birthday Kristen! You're a Quarter Century! ;)

Love you husband. =)

Josh, Kim & Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment