Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Greetings from Clearwater

Josh took this today from 1,600 feet in the air on a Blackhawk helicopter. He sent it to me from his phone. I just loved it, so I thought I'd share it with you all. I can't imagine this being my job - no wonder Josh loves it so much.

They're flying over Clearwater, you're looking towards Tampa Bay. I forgot to ask if Big Pinky is in the picture, which is the affectionate name they've given the Don CeSar Hotel. They use it as a reference point when flying, but none of the guys can remember it's actual name... so Big Pinky it is.

And this is from Monday, when they were still on the ground at the flightline. There's no flying in any kind of weather, and yes, this is a tornado... I'd say that's definitely "weather", yes? It was over Tampa, across the bay, so you can tell how big it really was. I don't think it did any damage to any homes. At least I didn't hear about it, and I haven't looked it up on the news.

Isn't this picture incredible??
Josh, Kim & Abby

1 comment:

  1. Ehhhh...I left a comment for this on the previous entry. Oops! It's still awesome. They both are :)

    ReplyDelete