Thursday, July 23, 2009

Not Zeppoli but...

Last night I hosted my first grown up party - Pampered Chef. We had so much fun hanging out together, looking at the catalogs, playing with all the gadgets, and eating lots of FOOD.

Karen (my PC consultant... and Sales Manager at the hotel...) says that normally she and the hostesses only make one appetizer or main course item, and one dessert. But, me being a former Bostdorf, I knew that definitely wasn't enough food. I'm all about the food.

So we made 3 appetizers, a main course, and a dessert.

The one that was devoured in 2 seconds was the Pizza Dip, and it also happened to be the easiest one to make. Karen threw it together the night before and we served it with Ritz crackers I got at Publix when they were buy one get one free. Done and done.

Here's the recipe. You've gotta try it.

Pampered Chef's Hot Pizza Dip
  • Combine one package of cream cheese (8 oz.) with 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning mix and spread on bottom of a small microwave-safe serving dish.
  • Sprinkle 1/4 cup of Fiesta Mix shredded cheese on top of cream cheese mixture.
  • Pour on one can (8 oz.) of pizza sauce.
  • Sprinkle another 1/4 cup of Fiesta Mix shredded cheese on top.
  • Cook in microwave for 5 minutes on high.
  • Top with chopped scallions if desired.
  • Serve with crackers or tortilla chips
It's amazing. Go try it. Now. =)

I wish Josh liked cheese. Then I wouldn't eat all of it myself. =(

Love,
Josh, Kim & Abby

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delish! You're making me hungry...LOL

    Glad the party was fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update: I made this recipe again today for another get together, and it took me from the time one guest called me from the front gate to the time she came upstairs to the apartment to make it. And it was the favorite again.

    Love this recipe...

    ReplyDelete