Monday, August 30, 2010

Welcome to the Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Northeast at The Summit

That's a mouthful, huh?

As I mentioned before, I had an interview the day after we got to Louisville - the day all our stuff was arriving. I had already put off said interview from the previous Friday, so I didn't want to change it again. I just knew this was the job I was supposed to have, and it was super important I make the appointment.

Well, I made it.

And I made the second interview with the Area Director that Thursday.

And I got the job offer that Friday!!

I always knew God would direct me to the right job, but per usual - His timing is never early and never late. It's so hard to trust and not worry, even when he has ALWAYS come through at JUST the right time. When will I ever learn?

So, I am now the Assistant General Manager at the HGI Louisville/Northeast. It's located in The Summit plaza (an outdoor shopping mall with upscale stores like J.Crew and Ann Taylor, but also regular stores like American Eagle and Old Navy) on the northeast side of Louisville.

This is the website:
http://louisvillenortheast.hgi.com/

And this is a pretty picture:

I had emailed several GM's from the Musselman Hotel management company letting them know we were relocating to Louisville and to keep me in mind if they had an opening. The only GM I didn't email... is the one who actually needed someone! My new hotel is quite a bit further than I thought I'd be driving, but SO worth it.

I'm in my second week already and making progress with getting to know everyone and starting projects. This hotel is definitely a challenge for me, especially being the "new girl" both in the hotel and in Louisville. I say a prayer every morning for strength and wisdom as I walk into the building... Phillipians 4:13!!

So now all of you have a place to stay when you come visit.

So, come visit. =)

Love,
Josh, Kim & Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment