Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Bluegrass State

When we first got to the rental house, I realized that I couldn't see Abby's feet when she was walking in the backyard. In fact, her feet disappear up to her ankles in the grass.

The grass here in Kentucky is so different than Florida - the roots are about 3 inches think, and they're above ground, with the grass making up about another inch. She literally sinks into it when she walks or lays down.





And it's so soft.

When we're outside playing chase with Abby in the backyard, she'll periodically just all the sudden stop and plop down in the grass, for seemingly no reason. Half her body and face basically disappear into the grass.



I wasn't sure why she did this until I was walking in the grass barefoot one day, and I kind of wanted to plop down in it myself. I'm actually not sure if it's bluegrass we have or not... I tried to research it, but to no avail. Either way, it's awesome.

Love,
Josh, Kim & Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment