Sunday, August 22, 2010

I had no idea it was so hard...

...to find a fly swatter.

Here's the story. Our french doors in the kitchen open directly to the backyard, and there's no screened-in room or patio. We got several flies in the kitchen because of this.

Apparently, Abby is afraid of flies.

I know... don't get me started.

However, we didn't know this at first. All we knew was that she would go high-tail it into our bedroom and onto the air mattress (or bed, once we got our stuff) and not budge. Well, unless we coaxed her with a cookie.


We finally figured out what the problem was when she wouldn't eat her bowl, which is right by the back door. She attempted it, but looked up sharply, put her tail between her legs and crouched/crawled out of the kichen. I realized at that point that a fly had buzzed her.

So, the search began for a fly swatter to rememdy this situation, so that our dog would rejoin the family once again.

Three separate employees in Wal-Mart had no idea where the fly swatters were, and sent me back and forth across said Supercenter. I was not a happy customer. A couple more stores... and still nothing.

Then Josh and I went to Bass Pro Shops in Clarksville, Indiana, where I was CERTAIN I'd find a fly swatter. That store is like the Mecca for all things outdoor.

Well, they did have one. But, the salespeople directed me to "novelty gifts" to find it:


Yep. It's a fish tail, with a fish-measuring ruler on the stick. And it's hanging on my kitchen wall, proudly.

We're seriously working fast to fit in with the locals up here in Kentucky, huh?

I'm happy to report that Abby is no longer afraid of the kichen, and is eating her bowls again like the little piggy she is.

Love,
Josh, Kim & Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment