Thursday, August 5, 2010

One week and counting


The current plan...and I say current because plans in our life change on a pretty consistent basis...is that Josh will fly down next Friday night and we will drive the truck and Abby up to Kentucky for our official move over Saturday and Sunday.

This is it, folks.

Leading up to next Saturday has been a flurry of activity so far and promises to continue.
  • The movers are coming Monday to pack up the apartment, Tuesday to load the moving truck and drive away with all our earthly possessions.
  • Once everything is out of the apartment on Tuesday, I will be moving back in (for the 4th time lol) to my parents' so that I have a bed to sleep on.
  • I work my last day at Hampton on Wednesday. I will also figure out what to do with the furniture we are not taking to Kentucky... speaking of, anyone in need of a nice wooden futon, coffee table, bookcase and metal dog crate?
  • I'll have my friend and cleaning lady Sherri come over to clean the then empty apartment on Thursday.
  • In the middle of all this are my continuing MBA classes, and the job search. I will have another post dedicated to the job search, but I do have a couple opportunities in the works, which is good news.
Talking about the process objectively like this makes it a little easier on me. If I really start thinking about how huge this is and how much there is to do, I quickly become overwhelmed. So, I try not to do that.

The excitement is buidling as the plans fall into place, and I'm really looking forward to seeing Josh. He's been working at Fort Bragg, NC for this last week, and I haven't seen him in the past three weeks.

Can't wait for this process to finally be over!

Love,
Josh, Kim & Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment