Thursday, August 19, 2010

Our stuff is here!

Slightly delayed, which made for a stressful day since I had a job interview... but regardless, our stuff is here!

I informed the movers last Wednesday that our new house is on a main road. It's not a side road - it has double yellow lines down the middle of it. It's not super-busy like SR 436, but it's bustling just the same.

Well... when the semi-truck (yes, really) arrived at 7:15am, they were uncomfortable with blocking one lane of traffic to unload our stuff. Thus started our bad luck, once again. But I guess it's better that no one is seriously injured in a car crash as a result of us getting our stuff delivered...



It took the Army 3 hours to approve the "shuttle" transfer again, where they use a rental truck to take our stuff off the semi and bring it over to the house.


When they finally did get back to the house it was already noon. Thankfully, Josh was able to come home from work early so I could go to my job interview.

Although the house was about half filled with boxes when I left, on my arrival back home, I couldn't even see the floor and had to squeeze through the front door.

And, there was a large brand new gun safe in the MIDDLE of my family room that was supposed to be in Josh's room... Yep. That's tomorrow's post.

Here are the before pictures:





And... the afters:







Since we took down the folding table, and our kitchen was filled with boxes, our dinner on our second night was... pizza with no plates, eaten off of a table, on top of boxes. lol


We're super happy to be all moved in! Let the unpacking begin.


Love,
Josh, Kim & Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment