Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving, a few days late

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope everyone's day was fabulous.

So we did, in fact, get up and watch the Macy's Parade. I coaxed Josh out to the couch with coffee, cinnamon rolls, and bacon... it worked. The rest of the day was filled with family dinners and a lot of laughs. Our first Thanksgiving was just as I'd hoped it would be. I'm excited about the many, many more to come.

And I made the Pinecone Dip! Here's how it turned out:
It was really good! And everyone thought it was adorable. It was as easy to make as I thought it would be... I'd definitely make it again.
Part of the family
My uncle carving one of the two turkeys.
Placecards my cousin Jill made... all by herself! Too cute.
Dad and Papaw watching football til dinner was ready.
Josh says he doesn't like kids............ right.
Helping get everything ready.
Cousins waiting patiently.
Thanksgiving dinner is served.
Jill excited about eating...
Us.
And lastly, I thought I'd take a moment to say:
I thank the Lord for my husband, my puppy, my family, my freedom, my job, my health... for Vera Bradley purses, Chick-fil-A, country music, Target, Pumpkin Spice Latte's, craigslist.org, and flat heeled shoes. =)

Josh, Kim & Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment