Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veterans Day!

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived and Fought For This Country." -Patton/PH

I stole that quote from our good friend Angela.

I tell Josh I'm proud of him a lot, and I jokingly say "thank you for serving our country" to get him to roll his eyes at me. He isn't one for getting attention because he's in the military, nor is he one to ask for military discounts often. Unless he's in uniform in Clearwater. Then, you can count on him stopping by Sam Seltzer's with the other soldiers for 50% of his steak....

But today, he has to let me tell him, along with everyone else.

Josh,
I am so proud of you. For all that you've done, been through, witnessed and survived - for me, a citizen of this country. I am so thankful to you and your fellow soldiers who have served. You would give your life for this country, and some of your good friends have. I do not take this, or my freedom, for granted. I know you see it as a job, but I really do see you as a hero. My hero. I love you. I love being your wife. I love being a military wife.
Kim

If you forgot today, say thank you to a Veteran tomorrow. Without them, we wouldn't be here. God Bless.

Josh, Kim & Abby

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that! I was given a yellow ribbon on-campus today before I attended a career fair. I'm still wearing it :)

    ReplyDelete