Friday, November 6, 2009

Fort Hood

I don't know what, if anything, would be adequate for me to say about the Attack on Thursday.

I can tell you that I don't understand. More than anything, I just don't understand.

Last week, Josh lost a good friend he served with in Iraq, in the 57th Med. Shawn McNabb was one of the soldiers killed in last week's helicopter crashes in Afghanistan. He was also the first of Josh's Army friends that I've met to pass away. Needless to say, it was a tough week.

This week, over 40 people (mostly soldiers) were killed or wounded - not overseas in the war, but right here in the U.S, on an ARMY BASE, by an Army Major.

Really?

All this absolutely breaks my heart. We've been glued to the TV since we found out. When they started releasing victims' names and stories today, I got even more upset than I already was. Newlyweds, expectant mothers, recent-grads out of Basic Training... just going about their business at another day at work. Not fearing for their safety in their own country.

To add insult, it's my understanding that this all happened in a Processing Center, for soldiers either leaving or coming home from deployment. Which means, some of the soldiers had survived the war, made it home safely, but STILL lost their life.

I just don't understand.

Our prayers are with the victims and their families. May the deceased Rest in Peace, and the families and wounded heal quickly.

P.S. I haven't even mentioned the shootings in Orlando today. I really don't know what our world has come to. Just keep praying.

Josh, Kim & Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment