Thursday, September 24, 2009

Rotating Dinner - Pizza Night

I mentioned a couple weeks ago about our Rotating Dinners, and wanted to follow that post up with some pictures of our creations from Pizza Night, and also the recipe for the Fruit Pizza I made.

It started with a little dough tossing...
and then we got serious...
and after awhile, they really did look like little pizzas, ready to be cooked...
and our finished products! they were so, so good...

And now... Fruit Pizza!!!
Yes, I baked it on a cookie sheet. Yes, I realized after the fact I should have used the pizza stone. Yes, I'll get it right next time. Anyhow, it was delicious!!

Here's how you make it:
  • Roll out a pre-made sugar cookie dough and shape into a circle (preferably on a pizza stone...). Follow baking directions on pre-made sugar cookie tube to bake the cookie. Allow to cool completely. You can put your cookie in the freezer if you want the cooling time to be shortened (like we did).
  • Combine 4 oz. of cream cheese, 4 oz. of marshmellow fluff, and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract. Spread on the cooked and cooled sugar cookie dough base.
  • Slice your favorite fruits and place on top of cream cheese icing in decorative pattern you desire. We used strawberries, bananas and kiwi.
Enjoy! We sure did!


Josh, Kim & Abby

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm...fruit pizza. Looks yummy! I think I'm gonna hafta try this one :) You post the best stuff!

    ReplyDelete