Monday, September 21, 2009

Here goes nothin'....

I scheduled my GMAT exam and paid the non-refundable fee.

So it's official: I'm going to Grad School!!


After much discussion, we decided the best avenue for me is UF's Master's in Business Administration (MBA), and I will do the online program. This means I only have to go up to the UF campus once per semester and the rest will be completely online.

The program is 27 months long, and I will start in February... providing I get a high enough score on said GMAT exam to gain entrance, which I am taking in November. On Josh's birthday.

Listen, it just worked out that way, ok? He's fine with it...

It took awhile for us to decide what degree, what school, what program would be the best investment for our situation, and what would benefit me greatest in my future career. Graduate degrees are not cheap, by any means, and scholarships and grants are extremely hard to come by for graduate work, we are discovering. So, we needed to be sure we were making the best decision on the school and the program for us/me.

And UF it is. It doesn't hurt that we've been getting UF's MBA program fliers in the mail since I finished my undergraduate degree there in December of 2005..... and they're giving me a laptop. And an ipod. Sweet.

So I'm on the hunt. And filling out applications. And sending transcripts. And writing essays. And looking for study aids for the dreaded GMAT.

But I'm super, super excited. It took me awhile to get to this point, but there's probably a reason for that. I know this is all part of God's plan for us. Josh has been so supportive, and is helping me so much in this process.

And finally, lemme just tell you how excited I am that I'll be attending the University of Florida again, and getting to go on campus again, and be a STUDENT again. How fun.

Wish me luck. And let me know if you hear of any scholarships for grad students.

Josh, Kim & Abby

2 comments:

  1. Thats AWESOME!!! Ill keep an eye out for scholarships...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be on the lookout too! I need to finish up my app for grad school too. Yay for you...even though it's *ahem* UF.

    You're gonna be awesome :) *vibes vibes vibes*

    ReplyDelete