Sunday, September 13, 2009

Josh's Alaska Pictures

As I mentioned before, Josh took my camera with him to Alaska. Yes, MY camera. It was a Christmas present from my parents to me before Josh and I were married... and I love my camera. I packed it in its case, with extra padding, in a heavy-duty freezer ziploc bag, nestled in a t-shirt in Josh's pack.

Then I made him swear he'd bring home my camera. In working condition.

And he did. With lots of beautiful Alaska pictures on it!!

this is the only picture of himself he took... and it was just to humor a nice elderly lady. thank goodness for her!
josh said there were deer everywhere. this picture is evidence.view from their camp site on the mountain while hunting mountain goat.
their camp. yes, they shared a tent. that's brett.
a mountain goat!! this is zoomed in on the camera, and then i cropped it even closer. the goat is the white dot in the center of the picture... no wonder he didn't get one.
josh explained this is what a lot of their hiking terrain looked like. he also said it was "intense" and physically exhausting, even for him.
on brett's dad's boat. well, one of them.
josh loved these planes. this is one taxi-ing out to take off.
there is a whale in this picture. josh couldn't grab the camera fast enough, so the only thing you can see is where he just went under water. in front of the left side of the beachy area, there is a horizontal white line. that is where the whale went back under water.

Here are the rest. There's about 35 I think. Enjoy!



Josh, Kim & Abby

1 comment:

  1. That's so awesome! Thankfully he brought it back in one piece :)

    ReplyDelete