Monday, September 14, 2009

What happens when I'm not home...

Even before getting married, Josh and I had to compromise on things. This included things that would affect us AFTER marriage - like choosing a place to live.

I wanted a rental house with a small backyard for Abby. Josh wanted a one bedroom one bath apartment to "save money." I insisted on something with at least a separate room for his "stuff" otherwise I'd be tripping over all of it all the time (i.e. his workbench, fridge, cabinet, the FUTON, all his camping gear, etc.) He still didn't see the need. "What stuff?" he'd ask me.....

Well, I won. We have a 2-bedroom apartment, with one room being completely Josh's. And it's filled. To the brim. With stuff.

But, apparently the joke is on me. Even with his own, dedicated Man Room, this happened in my dining room today:

Apparently the new tent needs to air out, or it will attract bugs in the woods. I'm still smiling... my husband is adorable, no?

I asked if we could sleep in it tonight. I said we could even make freeze-dried chicken marsala on his camping stove and make smores....

I got the look. lol

We're so getting a rental house after this. With a backyard. In which, he can set up and air out a tent.

Josh, Kim & Abby

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I like the s'mores idea! Mmmm...smores. You make me want to go bake something bad-yet-yummy. LOL

    And yes, the tent-in-the-living room is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this is why we all love our Josh!!!

    ReplyDelete