Tuesday, May 26, 2009

No beach pictures to share...

...because it rained. But, I've got lots of Scooter pictures!

Yes, Scooters. The weather was nasty rainy for most of our weekend getaway, so our little group ended up renting Honda Scooters for the afternoon on Saturday. Josh did great - me, not so much. I tried really hard to hurt myself, coming close at least 3 times. I should not be allowed to drive these things by myself!

Thankfully, I'm fine, and we really did have so much fun on them. Top speed, 41mph - Josh, not me. =D


Having a long weekend together was great for Josh and I. It was relaxing, and we had lots of time in the car just talking on the trip up and back. We haven't been up to Panama City Beach in 5 years (Josh's friend Matt's graduation from Army Helicopter Flight School) and it has really grown up. There were lots of things under construction last time, which are all finished now, and there's a great new shopping plaza that is huge with regular stores and restaurants. (There was even a Unique Boutique with Vera Bradley! Self-control.....)

Last week Angela sent me a recipe for 15 Minute Ziploc Omlets (inspired by my 5 Minute Chocolate Cake in a Mug) so we tried them on Sunday morning. They completely worked and were SO GOOD! I'll post the recipe and pictures soon.

All in all, a much needed vacation away from Orlando together. And we really liked our rented Pontiac G6!

1 comment:

  1. 5 minute chocolate cake in a mug? Sounds yummy! I think you mentioned it before. Can I have the recipe...or is it posted here somewhere?

    P.S. I wouldn't be able to drive a scooter well either :)

    ReplyDelete