Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Newlyweds are Here

Josh and I had a busy weekend together, again. A couple graduation parties, seeing family and old friends, just plain running around... and we get asked so many times (separately and together) how we are doing now that we're married, is it different, etc. The answer we give is so opposite what I thought we would be giving almost 3 months into this thing.

Being married is so much easier than dating.

No, seriously.

Josh and I both agree, and we tell each other this - that we absolutely love being married. We did long distance for so long and lived separately here in Orlando until we were married... we can't tell you just how much easier all this is now. Yes, we have newlywed stuff we are working through. But, we wouldn't change a minute of our life together. It's amazing also what a commitment to love will do for you as well - Josh has discovered a couple (read: many) things that I do or don't do that he would like to me to fix now that we live together, and vice versa. (Apparently, turning off lights and unplugging my computer will save us $10 a month? And Josh is learning the fine art of dealing with me in the mornings...) The neat thing is to see each of us actually change whatever the issue is for the other person. When there's no pride or competition, and just love and a sense of being a "team"... it's downright awesome.

So yes. We are doing wonderful. And this marrige thing really is pretty fun.

And here is what my little family is doing as I update you all. Aren't they precious??

Josh, Kim & Abby

2 comments:

  1. I love the pic on your header! And now I'm following your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. As for "little things"...Will hates it that I take my ID out before people ask for it. He can't even tell me why, he just hates it ;)

    ReplyDelete