Saturday, May 16, 2009

Gator (Law) Grads!!

My best friend in the whole world graduated from the University of Florida's College of Law yesterday! =D Robyn has spent the last SEVEN years in Gainesville working on her undergrad and now law degree and she's finally finished. It's been a long road, with so many twists and turns we lost count... but here she is. Graduated. What a wonderful feeling.

Mom and I drove up to my old stompin' grounds where we met up with Robyn's whole family. We weren't sure if Josh had to go down to Clearwater this weekend to fly or not, so he stayed behind. (As previously mentioned, he's not the biggest fan of graduations anyway....). It took Mom and I 45 minutes to find parking, and that was after she just dropped me off so I wouldn't miss Robyn's processional in. She ended up parking at the law school, which is a good 3/4 of a mile from the O'Connell Center....

Good for us, the UF Powers That Be decided to put everyone in alphabetical order, so they were late starting the ceremonies by... 45 minutes! Mom walked in right as the music started playing. ;)

Graduation itself was really emotional for a lot of reasons, but it was so wonderful to see her walk across that stage. And for the LAST time.
Right after the above picture, dark clouds were ominously close; Mom and I knew a downpour was inevitable... and we were parked close to a mile away. At this point, we started heading for the car. With still well over half-way to go, we started feeling raindrops, looked at each other, and took off running. Full blast. Down SW 2nd St. If someone were to have had a video camera......

I'm happy to say we made it to the car just as the heavy stuff started, but what a site we must have been running in our heels and dresses! (Our feet are still recovering.)

Robyn and her roommates had a reception at their house near downtown Gainesville, and it was so nice to catch up with old friends and see Robyn's family that I grew up with. For so many reasons, it was such an amazing day.
Congrats Robyn! I know you are going to absolutely blow us away with what you accomplish in your future career. You are already such an inspiration, and I hope you know that.

P.S. Robyn's gift from me was of course, a few Pandora beads..... and... a 3-day cruise to the BAHAMAS!!!!!! I've never been, and she loves them, so we're going either in 2 weeks or next month.... we're so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment