Sunday, April 11, 2010

It's finally SCUBA time!


One of my very first posts on this blog thing was about the great deal we got on SCUBA gear at Gander Mountain.

Well, that was about a year ago. And, it's been over a year since we went scuba diving in St. Lucia on our honeymoon. Man, we miss it!

So, we finally signed up to get certified. And we're starting it next weekend!! One of the guys in Josh's Reserve unit is a Dive Master, so he offered to do the course for us, and for a bunch of other guys from the unit. It's only a two-weekend course, so we'll actually be done by the 25th of this month. So exciting!

We were given homework to do before class starts Friday night (MORE homework. I'll just git that into my spare MBA time... lol) so I've been watching the DVD's and taking notes. For Josh, this is all a refresher and he remembers almost all of it, so he's in good share. For me, this is all new, and I reallyhope I pass the written exam.

Next weekend is classroom teaching and then pool time. The following weekend is all dives - 5 open water dives to be exact.

I can't believe we're actually doing it. Can't wait!

Josh, Kim & Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment