Saturday, April 10, 2010

Easter 2010...

...was so much fun. Just one of those days that make you smile.

Josh and I went to the late service at our church - Seminole Community Church. We actually got there early because they changed service times on us, which NEVER happens. Pastor Jerry spoke on Hope and what we have our hope in (not material things or accomplishments that will disappoint us one day, but Jesus instead), rather than speaking on a traditional Easter topic, which was awesome.

We spent the rest of the day at my grandparents with the my family. My aunt, uncle, and cousins swap every other Easter with us to be with my aunt's side of the family, so this year was our turn.

My grandparents did an awesome Easter egg hunt for the kids (and us adult kids). We never did find all the eggs! (They were plastic, it's ok.) We had a ball trying to find them. And my grandparents had a great time laughing at us as we dug in the dirt and crawled under bushes looking for the "prize egg."

What's so special about holidays for my side of the family is that they are really the only time we all get together. Hanging out with all of them at one time is a treat - sitting around, catching up, relaxing... it doesn't happen often. And, my cousins are old enough now that they want to join in our adult conversations, which is fun. They're the only ones I have, really, and they're 14, 12, and 10. I love hearing about what they're in to and what's cool now. For instance: "nasty" now means "cool." That was a new one for me.

Josh's side of the family is opposite - they eat dinners together or see each other almost every week, and Josh's cousins are practically the same age as he and Kristen are. They also have a bunch more cousins than I do. Well, Josh just has tons more family than I do to begin with, but that's a story for another blog post.

By the way, my parents got Josh and I both Easter baskets, and of course Josh's was a camo basket. So cute! Josh wanted to do an Easter "Cookie" hunt for Abby and hide her cookies around the house, but we never did get around to it.... would have made for adorable pictures though!

Love,
Josh, Kim & Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment