Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Merry Little Christmas

So many things to say about Christmas 2009. It may take a couple posts.

To sum, it was great. I didn't have to work, which was a plus (slight scare that I may have had to miss my first married Christmas morning). And it was LONG. But worth it.

We got up at 7am. Spent the early morning just us as a little family, opening our presents to each other in front of our "fire" and going through our stockings. And Abby's stocking of course.

She got lots of new toys from the Dollar Tree... which she destroyed in the time it took Josh and I to finish opening our presents...
A little side note: I found it quite entertaining how Josh and I's Christmas traditions differ, and how we realized it throughout the day. For instance, in my family, all of our stocking gifts always came wrapped, even if it was just a pack of gum stuffed at the bottom. In Josh's family, come to find out, all the gifts in the stockings always came un-wrapped, just piled in there. So, on this Christmas morning once we had our stockings in hand, Josh asked me why all his stocking gifts were wrapped, including his gum, and I asked why mine weren't wrapped........

Santa's going to have to figure this tradition out for us when kids eventually come along....

Back to the day.

We spent the rest of the morning with my parents.
The dogs got more stockings... which Shelby pushed, and subsequently followed, under the table trying to get her treats out of the bottom.
The rest of the day consisted of eating 2 Christmas dinners, one with my whole family and one with Josh's, exchanging 2 more sets of presents, spending the evening with Josh's parents and sister, and finishing up at our good friends' house.

The loot? Well, we kinda felt like we got married all over again when we surveyed our gifts. We got a new comforter, bread machine, grill, BLUE RAY PLAYER (from my parents), quilt rack (for our afghans... not my purses....), blankets, shoe storage, the "perfect brownie pan", a new papasan chair base, a blender.........

There were boxes everywhere in our apartment on Christmas night! Just like when we got home from the honeymoon. lol

We got home at 10:30pm. Abby was the only one awake and ready for more.
Our first Christmas is in the books, folks. Hope yours was awesome too.
Josh, Kim & Abby

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Will and I got lots of little gifts from my mom's family in Michigan--part of a Polish tradition called Wigilia. We had 2 early Christmases: one with his fam at Thanksgiving and the other with my mom before we went up north.

    We got lots of ornaments, which was my favorite part. Means we have to have a tree next year ;) Love your snowman ornament, BTW :) Glad you had a good Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh santa traditions...it was definitely hard for us with our daughter- most of the time his family is here for Christmas, not mine, so we ended up doing things their way. of course, not my ideal Christmas haha, but i've learned to loosen up soooo much :)it used to annoy me to no end!
    (and neither of us had stocking presents wrapped :)

    ReplyDelete