Friday, August 7, 2009

Josh gets all the fun stuff...

He's in Ohio. Made it safely. Tomorrow starts all the NFL festivities and he already got his passes to be able to go on the football fields... I'm totally jealous. lol

And then he has me guess where he's staying. That either means it's really really bad, or really really good. Like the Ramanda they stayed at in West Virginia... or the Gaylord in Nashville.

I said I had no idea where he was staying, and he told me the Quaker Square Inn. Well, I instantly assumed this was really bad... what kind of name is that anway? It's definitely not in the Hilton or Marriott family.

Well, apparently this is actually very cool, because the Quaker Square Inn used to be a working Quaker Oats factory. He was reading the in-room directory information to me about it... all excited... Josh loves anything historical like this. All the rooms are in what used to be the factory's silos, so they are perfect 24-foot-in-diameter circles.

I pulled it up online, and the pictures are really neat. I would have really enjoyed seeing this and staying there.
I think he's really going to enjoy this weekend, despite the long flight up there, and the delays.

They had engine problems on the way up and had to land in Savannah for repairs, which set them back four hours. But, the happy coincidence is that Josh was able to see Matt while on the ground in Savannah. That's where he, Toni and Breezy are stationed, and Josh's helicopter landed right by Matt's hangar. Matt is a Blackhawk pilot who was one of Josh's groomsmen in the wedding. Josh has known their family for years, and even took Breezy (whose real name is Brianne) on "dates" when she was a baby. He loves that little girl.

2004
2009
Tonight after dinner, Josh and his crew were going to a meeting to get all the info for tomorrow's events, and he sounded excited about it. I hoped once he got there everything would be fun and worth the time it took to get there, and it seems like that's the case so far.

Have fun dear!

Josh, Kim & Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment