Monday, August 31, 2009

Alaska, part deux

(first Alaska picture from Josh)

I got to talk to Josh on Saturday for a few minutes and was able to get a small update. So far, Josh has not gotten anything. He's sad, I'm happy. =) What was I going to do with a goat anyway?

They hunted mountain goat until Friday, which Josh said was very physically taxing. Lots of climbing up mountainside, over rock, and apparently they slept on a cliff. As he described it, if either one of them had rolled or moved an inch, one or both of them would have gone over the ledge.

Fantastic.

The past couple of days they were going fishing for some kind of salmon, but not the kind that he would bring home I guess.

Tomorrow starts bear season, so they're going out to "get a bear." We'll see how that goes. I just hope he doesn't want to stuff it and keep it in the apartment. It does not go with my "Coffee Cafe" decor. At all. I mean, I guess if it was an "Alaskan Coffee Cafe"... but I digress.

Overall, he says he loves it up there. I can't wait to see more pictures (guess my camera is OK so far...) - he says it's gorgeous, which is obvious from the above picture, and the weather has been great.

4 more days!

Josh, Kim & Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment