Sunday, August 30, 2009

Back to School Time

Josh is going into his 2nd to last semester of college to earn his A.A. degree. Actually, classes started last Wednesday, but as you all know, he's in Alaska.

Because of this, I get to be a student again and log in to all his classes. Being that they're mostly online, you have to log in a certain amount of times or else you're considered a "no show," and some professors also require a welcome email, which I had to send. If you don't do these 2 required things, professors can drop you from a class.

I also skimmed all the syllabi (or, syllabuses), looked through the teachers' welcome emails, glanced over the calendars, and made sure I knew what was due before he gets back next Friday. I've got a couple assignments due on Wednesday and Thursday.

This also means I have to go over to campus and buy books at the bookstore. I LOVE buying books. This was my favorite part about a college semester's beginning. No, I have no idea why. The lines are always super long and I'm very impatient sometimes (ya ya... I know). But I still love it. And I love buying school supplies. Binders and dividers, pens and pencils, filing systems, planners... all of it.

In fact, I love that I'm getting to do all this for him, PLUS the classwork. Which is odd. Being that I really, really disliked college, and wanted to get out as soon as possible - thus I graduated in 3 years.

But here I am, excited to read all about his classes, wanting to get organized and make to-do lists... I never thought I would miss school or college. Ever. But somehow, at some point, I started to miss learning. I love to read, I love to organize. I still hate tests, but I love to research and write papers. I should have been an English major.

I've been thinking about going back for my graduate degree. After this week, I really have a strong desire for it. Josh and I have talked about me getting an MBA (Masters of Business Administration) but I really hate Business classes. I'd really rather get a graduate degree in something else that I'm interested in if I could, but most other programs are all on-campus. MBA's can be done completely online, which is what I need.

Time will tell. Several things would have to happen before I decided to go back to school. One of which is financial aid. But, I have been researching education funding available through the Army for spouses, and have found one that I qualify for even though Josh is stateside.

Lots of decisions... but at least I'm excited about the possibility of going back to school. Never thought I would be. Josh is just excited to be almost done... I remember that feeling too!

Josh, Kim and Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment