Monday, February 8, 2010

The Wife Chop

It's a phenomenon among newly married women. Over the past couple of years, I've seen so many new wives do The Wife Chop, including myself.

It's even a discussion topic on most wedding websites/message boards. It will probably be added to Webster's dictionary next year.

I'm talking about when we women decide to cut our hair short after getting married.

I don't know whether it's because most women grow their hair out for their wedding (for the purposes of a certain wedding day hair-style), or because women feel different being married and want to dramatically reflect it on the outside, or maybe because women feel the need to look more "distinguished" or "wife-like"...

Or maybe it's a combination of all three.

Robyn just recently did her Wife Chop. It got me thinking about all this, as I've seen multiple friends cut their hair short over the past couple of years after getting married.

At any rate, we may not understand why we, and all our wife counterparts, do The Wife Chop, but we certainly know we look fabulous.

(Side note, I'm about over my short hair. And I've noticed that women who have been married over a year tend to start re-growing out their hair. This trend has yet to be named.)

Josh, Kim & Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment