Sunday, February 28, 2010

February 22, 2010

I couldn't help but think how surreal it was to be celebrating the one year anniversary of our wedding. We were in Savannah, but every time I looked at a clock I couldn't help but remember where we were at that exact time the year before:

7:30am (Josh had to get up early to get a hair cut and I looked at the alarm clock) - I had just gotten up to shower and get ready for the day. There's no picture of this, because I am not a morning person. =)

9:30am (Getting out of bed) - Robyn and I were eating our Embassy Suites breakfast in the hotel room and the hair stylists were just arriving.
11:00am (Packing to come home from Savannah) - My other bridesmaids had just arrived and were starting to get their hair done, and my mom was on her way to the hotel.
12:15am (On the road heading home from Savannah) - All the girls and me were running late, but finally leaving the hotel on our way to the Lake Mary Events Center. Heather drove me in my Mustang.
1:00pm (Standing in line with Josh at Chick-fil-a waiting on our food) - I was walking down the aisle seeing Josh for the first time. I'll never forget his face. And then I started sobbing.
5:15pm (I had just gotten back to Orlando from Savannah) - Our reception was wrapping up. We were getting ready to run through bubbles out to my decorated Mustang where the groomsmen hid the keys....Josh and I both can't believe it's already been a year. It absolutely flew by. I know I'm much more emotional about it than him, nostalgic even. But I keep thinking how fun it's going to be when this 1st Anniversary turns into our 5th Anniversary, then our 10th, our 25th, our 40th....

Because we love being married. It's so much fun - we laugh so much. And we've learned a ton about each other and ourselves this past year. I'm sure by reading this blog, even you all have noticed that. No, it's not always sunshine and butterflies, but compromise moves us along (Thank You Maroon 5) and we definitely don't take each other for granted. We are so blessed that God put us together. His plan is definitely perfect.

We can't wait for the year ahead of us. Who knows where we will be on next anniversary, at the exact time we were married TWO years prior. I can't even begin to guess... but that's the exciting part.

Josh, Kim & Abby

1 comment:

  1. You guys are too cute! So glad I got to be a part of your special day :)

    ReplyDelete