Tuesday, February 9, 2010

One down, one to go!

Josh passed his Standards Instructor course and graduated yesterday! So proud of him. This was a huge accomplishment. Yay!

And, with no rest for the weary, he starts another training course today called Dunker Training. This one is actually a re-certification that he has to do every 5 years, so it's only two days long.

The purpose is to learn how to evacuate a helicopter if it crashes into water. So, they literally strap the guys into a helicopter simulator, dunk it underwater, and turn it upside down. Then the guys are to figure out which way is up, get their regulators situated, and escape the simulator... all while they're essentially blindfolded.

Sounds like a good time, no?

I was asking Josh questions about it last night and he directed me to YouTube because there are videos of the actual simulator. I found a good one that I thought I'd post it here for you.

Just press the play button.



Last time he went through this training, he smelled like chlorine for a week. Now I can see why.

Josh, Kim & Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment