Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Bathroom Humor

There are many things throughout my daily routine that remind me how absent Josh currently is. His clothes aren't beside (yes, beside) the hamper, his coffee stuff isn't all over the kitchen counter, there are not tents drying out in my dining room...

But the one thing that gets me every morning is how empty his side of our bathroom sinks is. He's not the tidiest of men when it comes to our countertop in the bathroom, so normally it's completely covered. It doesn't really bother me much.

Right now though, his side of our bathroom sinks is completely empty except for a single razor in his palm tree toothbrush holder. OK, fine, it's my palm tree toothbrush holder. But anyway.

It gets me thinking about how we originally picked which sink would be whose. Or, rather, the funny circumstances that led us to picking sides.

I asked Josh before we moved in which side he wanted. He chose the left side, which was fine with me, because my right side had the medicine cabinet and a convenient plug for my hair stuff.

So, when we got all moved in, I set up my stuff on the right side, and neatly arranged all of Josh's stuff on his left side.

Not two days later, I noticed several of Josh's items had migrated to my side. I didn't think anything of it, and I politely moved them back over.

The next day, they were all back.

It made me smile.

This continued for about a week, until one morning when Josh wasn't home I completely swapped all of our stuff. Complete mirror image of how we used to have it. And then I waited to see what would happen.

Josh never mentioned it. And, all of his things have since stayed completely on his right side. Well, until now. Since it's all just missing at the moment. =(

Only 2 more weeks until it's all back... I can't wait.

Josh, Kim & Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment