Wednesday, December 9, 2009

"Our First" Christmas Tree

It's a fake. And it's only 4 feet tall. And I've had it since high school.

But, this is the very first time I've ever set up this tree in "our" apartment, not just in "my" apartment or "my" room.

And it is different, because this time it doesn't just have my ornaments on it that I've been given and collected over the years.

Turns out, my husband and his family had the same ornament tradition as my family. So now, my tree has truly turned into our tree, because it has pieces of both our lives decorating it. Here are a few of our favorites:

this is my "first christmas" ornament
my "grumpy before coffee"... totally me
i made a liberty bell ornament for honors history in high school
go gators
josh's "first christmas" ornament
miami dolphins nutcracker
the gumball machine josh and kristen used to fight over as kids
go gators
josh's tonka truck
starbucks coffee cups ornaments i got for josh and i while he was overseas
I could get really sentimental over the tradition of Christmas trees, like how this one is already becoming a reflection of us and our life together... or how we'll eventually start buying real trees in the future when we have kids and they are old enough to remember traditions...

But for now, I'll just leave you with my favorite, most adorable ornament we were given:

Josh, Kim & Abby

1 comment:

  1. That's so awesome! I want to start the same tradition with Will--just a small tree--next year, even though we'll be in Auburn again. His parents gave us a "first Christmas together" ornament this year. Can't wait to start a collection!

    ReplyDelete