Friday, December 18, 2009

Kim's Quilts

I'm a big fan of Vera Bradley. The patterns, the fabrics, the colors, the styles, the versatility... the everything.
I didn't used to be - in fact, I started out with a real dislike of Vera Bradley and all her purses. In college, my first knowledge of these purses was that every single sorority girl had the "tote" version with her respective sorority's Greek letters embroidered on it. I wrote them off as purely a sorority thing, which was not for me.

Fast forward one year when one of my friends at the hotel I worked came in sporting one of these patterned fabric purses... but lacking the Greek letters. It was then I learned that Vera Bradley was not just for sorority girls, and that I did not have to dislike them. Which was a relief... because I secretly loved them.

I now proudly own a bunch of Vera Bradley purses, of all shapes and sizes. Josh's parents usually buy me a new one each year for my birthday, and I also have totes, wallets, a lunch box, contact bag, etc.

Josh calls the purses and totes my "quilts" because of the patterns and stitching. I counter with the argument that because of the type of fabric you can wash them which is a plus, and because of all the colors they go with everything. I don't think he cares, and really he just likes to get me riled up. So this playful back and forth has gone on for several years now, and every time I get a new one, he spouts off with "Oh, you got a new quilt"... then he smirks.

Well... as much as I hate to admit this... my husband may be on to something. While out shopping on Black Friday, I stumbled upon these:

Yep. Cotton Quilt Handbags - knock-offs of Vera Bradley purses themselves.

I still love them. But this certainly doesn't help my cause. At least the sign didn't say Cotton Quilt Sorority Handbags.

Josh, Kim & Abby

1 comment:

  1. "In college, my first knowledge of these purses was that every single sorority girl had the "tote" version with her respective sorority's Greek letters embroidered on it. I wrote them off as purely a sorority thing, which was not for me."

    I felt the same way! And then I told myself it's okay to have one. When I got my Mediterranean Blue tote for Christmas, I was hooked! LOL

    ReplyDelete