Thursday, December 17, 2009

Our box of meat

I came home from work last week and found a rather large box sitting on our front porch. Which is odd for a couple reasons: 1.) I didn't order anything that would come in a large box. And I knew Josh hadn't either. 2.) Most everything we order gets delivered to the front office at our apartment complex, not our front porch.

Once I inspected more closely, I saw that the box said "Omaha Steaks" and was addressed to Mr. & Mrs. Touchton. Turns out, Josh's grandparents sent us our Christmas present early: steaks, burgers, twice stuffed potatoes and apple tarts from Omaha Steaks. His mom said they sent it because they weren't going to go out shopping this year... I thought it was just a great idea in general!

I immediately put everything in the freezer like the instructions told me to do and then called Josh. He was in Clearwater, so when I called him and told him about the box of meat I found on our front porch from his grandparents, he was pretty excited.

FYI for anyone wondering what to buy a newlywed couple for an occassion like Christmas... Omaha Steaks is a fantastic idea. And fantastically delicious.

1 comment:

  1. OMG....yummy! Lucky you! And that's definitely a unique idea :)

    ReplyDelete