Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Life of an MBA Student

Orientation was a couple weeks ago and classes started that same weekend. I spent 4 days in Gainesville, getting re-aquainted with the campus, meeting the professors, getting my new laptop and ipod, meeting my group-mates, getting all my books and sitting through 3 classes.

This is my MBA group for the next 5 semesters:
It was a whirlwind weekend! So much information to take in and so many new people. There are 65 people in my "cohort" (that means "class") and I think I met them all, which gave me huge anxiety! But, Josh met me in Gainesville on his way back from Alabama and stayed with me for the weekend, which was awesome, and helped me get my mind off being nervous.

Since then, I've mastered the online class platform, posted on discussion boards, had 5-way conference calls through Skype (wish Josh and I had this site when he was overseas. It's amazing), and read tons of material on Accounting, Economics and Business Writing.

I'm finally starting to get the hang of everything, but it's definitely a challenge. If I skip one day of homework/reading/lectures, I am awake til 3am the next day catching back up. So, I've learned not to do that, lol.

It's going to be a long 2 years! But the material I'm learning is all so practical, and I've already used some of my knew knowledge at work. What a great feeling.

Enough blogging for today. I have homework to get to.

Josh, Kim & Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment