Friday, November 26, 2010

Turkey Day

We did our normal routine on this, my favorite holiday - got up early, had cinnamon rolls and bacon, then I watched the parade while Josh slept through it.

Perfect little Thanksgiving morning.

Except that's it's the first holiday I've EVER spent away from my family. Josh has missed bunches, this we know. But for me, this was kind of a huge deal.

I handled it ok, keeping myself busy by cooking a big Thanksgiving dinner even though it was just the two of us.

That's another first - I've never cooked a holiday dinner all by myself. I have a new appreciation for my grandmother and momma... what a ton of work!! But definitely rewarding.

My biggest challenge was, of course, the turkey. Never cooked one of those before. And never did find the bag of giblets in the turkey's belly. I swear they forgot to put it in there. Glad no one had a video camera while I was searching for them though...

And don't get me started on the carving of the turkey. Josh and I have never participated in this part. Poor thing was completely mutilated. But at least it tasted good!




Guess I did ok - we devoured most of it in just a couple days. Looking forward to making Christmas dinner!

Josh, Kim & Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment